REACH NEW HEIGHTS WITH THE Y'S CLIMBING WALL
Take a new challenge and attempt to reach the summit of the Y’s Climbling Wall. The Climbing Center has 4 walls of varying difficulty. It’s a great activity for families and individuals of all ages. All belayers must take & pass the YMCA Climbing Course before climbing.
- The Y has equipment available for any size climber, including adjustable harnesses, ropes, carabiners and gris-gris.
- Kids age 5 and up, teens, and adults with or without climbing experience can attempt to reach the summit of the Y rock wall.
- Any interested person or group can call the Y and schedule a time to climb.
- All climbers must sign a waiver.
- Other safety precautions the Y has taken include an anchored top rope, belaying equipment, and foam floor.
- Staff members have been trained to help people of all sizes and ages climb safely.
- The wall is used on special days with the Y’s Afterschool Program, and can be reserved for birthday parties.
Y Members Free
Climbing Course Fees: $10 per person
Community Climbing Fees: Youth $8, Adult $12, Family $18
Course will be held 2nd & 4th Mondays at 5 pm. Or, to schedule a climbing training appointment, call the Y’s Courtesy Desk at 647-1616, or contact Caleb Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.