YOUR HEALTH ON YOUR TIME!
With the addition of 24-hour access to our facility, the Canton Family YMCA is adopting a strict honor code based on Y values of Honesty, Respect, Caring and Responsibility. If a Y member fails to abide by the guidelines established, their 24-hour access and potentially their membership will be revoked and no refund will be given.
24-hour access to the Y’s Life Center, Olympic Weight Room, Main Gym, Track and Community Room is for Canton Family YMCA members only, who are 18 years of age and older.
The rest of the Y will be closed and only open during the hours of operation listed below. Once the Y closes, there will be no Y staff on hand to assist members.
The Y is open and staffed:
Monday-Thursday 5AM - 8:30 PM
Friday 5AM - 7 PM
Saturday 7AM – NOON
Sunday 10AM - 2 PM
- 24 hour access is included in your membership.
- Please stop by the Y’s Front Desk during staffed hours to sign up for 24 hour access.
- Members requesting 24-hour access to the Y will be required to sign a 24/ 7 access waiver to receive approval for access entry.
- Each member wanting 24-hour access is required to have their own Key Fob.
- You may purchase a Key Fob for a one-time fee of $10. If you lose your Fob you will need to purchase a new one.
- Your Key Fob is to be used only for your own personal entrance into the facility outside of staffed hours of operation.
- Your Key Fob may not be shared with other individuals including family. Doing so would be a violation of our policies and will result in losing 24-hour access to the Y and possible termination of membership.
- You will enter through the main entrance door on the west side of the building.
- After staffed hours of operation, only YMCA adult members ages 18 and up who have signed a 24/7 access waiver and have purchased an access Key Fob will have access to the Y facility.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Members with 24 hour access cannot grant access to other individuals, even if they are Canton Family YMCA members and known to you.
- Each member accessing the facility must use their individual fob at the main entrance on the west side of the building. If you arrive with someone else, one person should swipe and enter, while the other waits outside. Once the door closes, then the next person can swipe and enter. This is so the Y can track who is in the building at all times.
- Granting access to another individual will result in the members losing 24-hour access and possible termination of Y membership.
- If a member is in the building at the time of closing, they will need to go scan their Fob at the door as a 24 hour access member in order to remain in the facility after closing.
- The Y has a 24-hour video recording system for security purposes. It will be reviewed on a daily basis to address any security concerns and monitor who is using our 24-hour facility. This system does not provide staffing assistance for any emergency that might arise.
- A phone is located at the Front Desk in case of emergency. An AED is located on the back wall behind the front desk. Emergency personnel will be able to access the building during non-staffed hours of operation.
- We highly recommend that you exercise with another member who has 24-hour access, when doing so outside of staffed hours of operation.
- All exterior doors must remain closed at all times.
- All membership information must be correct in our data base. This includes address, phone, email and current photo for ID purposes.
- 24-Hour Access may be closed, at the Y’s discretion, due to maintenance needs, special events, or any unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Advance notice will be given to members, when possible.
- You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Since there will not be staff on site, it is of the upmost importance that you follow gym etiquette and sanitizing practices. As a courtesy, please replace the weights on the rack after you use them, and wipe off any benches and equipment after your use.
- If the Y loses power after normal operating hours, 24 hour access will not be available. If there is loss of power in the building, while you are present, please immediately follow the emergency exit signs and leave the Y.
- During non-business hours on heavy snow days, snow removal may not be in place until staff are present (later if there is a delay in opening hours).
- Please report after hours problems, of any kind, by calling the Y at 647-1616 during staffed hours or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guest or Nationwide Members will NOT be allowed 24-hour access, as it is for Canton Family YMCA members only. Guests are welcome to use the Y facilities, during staffed hours of operation, by paying a guest fee upon arrival.
PROHIBITED ITEMS AND ACTIVITES
- The Y will not tolerate any inappropriate conduct. Such conduct includes, without limitation, using loud, abusive, offensive, insulting, demeaning language, profanity, lewd conduct or conduct that harasses or is bothersome to other members.
- You cannot engage in any activity at the Y while under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- The Y does not permit smoking, alcohol, or illegal drugs, including steroids, in the facility.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted in the facility.
- Theft or destruction of equipment, parts or merchandise.
- Theft from another member or any contents in the facility.
- Use of equipment in a manner different than intended by the manufacturer.
- Providing entry to the facility after normal operating hours to a member or non-member who does not have 24 hour access.
- Taking photos or filming of others is not permitted without their prior knowledge and consent.
- If you are found to be participating in the above activities at the Y your 24 hour access will be revoked and your membership cancelled.
- These guidelines and polices are in place for the safety and security of our members and deviations from our values are deemed inappropriate to our mission.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Members, guests and staff are expected to exhibit behavior in keeping with the YMCA’s character values of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY.
- The YMCA will not tolerate those who try to hurt or steal from others.
- Theft or damage of property belonging to the YMCA or its members will result in criminal prosecution.
- Foul language, arguing, fighting or any type of harassment is not permitted.
- The YMCA facility and property are smoke free environments. Smoking or tobacco usage is not permitted in the facility or on the surrounding grounds.
The Canton Family YMCA is an association of members committed to enhancing the well-being of youth, adults, seniors and families through quality programs and facilities. The YMCA, based on Christian values, provides activities that promote healthy lifestyles and encourages the development of spirit, mind and body.
OUR AREA OF FOCUS
The Y is a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, for healthy living and for social responsibility. We believe a strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors.
- Youth Development: Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- Healthy Living: Improving our community’s health and well-being.
- Social Responsibility: Giving back and providing support for our neighbors.
MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANCE POLICY
Financial assistance is available through donations made to the Y’s Annual Strong Kids Campaign. These generous donations will help you and your family become a YMCA member and take part in programs. Applications are available at our front desk and at www.cantonfamilyymca.org.
Click here for a Printable Version